Auto Body / Collision, Towing, Mechanical, Detailing
Dorn’s started out in 1965 in Mechanicsville, Virginia by Raymond Dorn, and has grown to serve the entire Richmond VA market. Dorn’s has grown successfully over the years to now include over 7 acres of land and 35000 sq. of space and over 50 employees. Including a full mechanical service center, a transport and towing division, with an expanded certified auto body / collision department, we have a long established management team that truly puts the customers first and realizes that we do more than simply work on vehicles. We earn our loyal customers one at a time.
We are committed to the environment and our local communities.
Dorn’s Body and Paint, Dorn’s Auto Service, Dorn’s Specialized Transport and Dorn’s Auto Detailing adhere to principles and practices that ensure we carry out our business activities in a socially responsible manner by promoting sustainable development in our business.
We believe that the long term future of our business is best served by respecting the interests of all our stakeholders, whether customers, staff, suppliers or the wider community.
We continuously look at areas within our business where we can reduce our carbon footprint.
We are held accountable and comply with all known legislation; we aim to exceed these requirements where possible.
We are always looking to reduce waste and be more efficient and everything that we do. This includes our buildings, our vehicles and our energy usage. We recycle most all of the waste that we produce including paints, paper, cardboard, oil, batteries and metal.
As the future unfolds, one thing will remain a constant at Dorn’s, we will stay focused on our clients and all areas of our business.
We would like to make it as simple as possible. Here are a few tips that will help you along the way:
Your responsibilities include:
- As a complete collision repair shop in Richmond Va, let your insurance company know you want Dorn’s to repair your vehicle
- Once you get the check from your insurer check to see who it is made out to (i.e. the lien holder or bank). Before you can pick up your newly repaired vehicle it must be ready for us to deposit. You also must have your deductible; we can only accept a personal check up to $500 unless prior arrangements are made.
- Do not cash the insurance check, all you will have to do is endorse to Dorn’s once your vehicle is ready.
- Remove all belongings from your vehicle, although we do not have theft problem, we do need from time to time to gain access to areas of your car i.e. Glove boxes, trunk areas, dash and spare tire areas.
- Be patient — quality repairs and proper claims handling take time
Dorn’s Responsibilities Include:
- Returning your vehicle back to pre-loss condition. *Depending on Insurers policies – ask your Customer Service Representative for details
- Keeping you aware of the status of your vehicle.
- To not only repair the area’s you can see, properly, but also the area’s that you don’t see.
- To answer all the questions you have about the repair process, estimated delivery times, parts used to repair, paint matching, etc.
- Giving you our customer a Lifetime Warranty on repairs.
- To give an overall “Excellent Experience” to each and every client.